I do love Speedos, not just the swim briefs but the brand. I used to wear them years ago when I was on a master’s swim team. One of the new pairs I love from Speedo is the Color-Blocked speedo. I love the width of the sides and the super tight fit that Speedos have, the fabric feels great and I still remember the first time I slid on a pair of Speedos and it blew me away.
When you think of Speedo, Olympic swimmers come to mind, or at least competitive swimmers. Note, you can’t use the term “Speedo” to cover all swim briefs. But I won’t give a lesson on Copywrite protection. But they have always focused just on competitive swimming and rarely stepped outside of that box.
Speedo started a new campaign for their Vibe collection. Their message is, “you can wear your practice suits outside of the pool.” I feel the only time they step outside of this box is for the Solar suits. If you aren’t familiar, the solar suits are bikini cut with one-inch sides. I know many of our readers love this suit.
I think Speedo could market some of their suits for people outside of the lap pool. More guys are wearing smaller swimwear. I like the classic Speedo suits. I think they look good on many different body types. Especially beefy guys, the 3-inch sides, I believe, are a good look.
The new campaign I initially saw in a video on Facebook. The campaign is focused on friends at a day at the beach rather than performance. This got me thinking, why hasn’t Speedo ever done this type of campaign before, or why haven’t they created a fun collection for the beach?
First, they have the money to do such a campaign. They have been around for over 50 years and are a staple in the world of swimming. Next, Speedo could use the same designs and use different and fun fabric featuring bolder colors and prints. Third, the collection could be a limited edition for summer. Lastly, if the campaign is successful making it a yearly campaign with new, limited edition designs each summer.
These are just some of my thoughts, curious to hear some of yours. Leave a comment
Are you wanting to take the Swim Brief Challenge? But you don’t want something too skimpy. You just want to dip your toe in the swim brief water. One of the best pairs to get is the Speedo Core Solid Brief. This is one of the first swim briefs I ever wore. It’s a classic in the world of swimwear. One that many guys out there wore on at swim team practice.
The Core Solid Brief is a solid. Shocking news i know! It’s in four colors, Navy, Red, Blue and Black. They are pretty basic in the world of swimwear. I think the first pair of these I bought were the black. You really can’t go wrong with the black. This pair is what I call a competition cut. It has wider sides, roughly about 3 inches. It will give you ample coverage but still have a brief form.
Why is this a beginners pair? As mentioned above you won’t be showing off all the goods. It’s a bigger cut but is flattering on many body types. The front is flat with no pouch. This mean’s you won’t be bulging to the extreme. Also, the pair fits great. I remember the first time I tried one on and I was like “OMG this feels amazing.” The brief will give you the support you need without constricting.
This is the pair that introduced me into wearing Speedos (I can say that since I’m talking about a Speedo brand swim brief) on the beach and in the pool. After a while I ventured into other brands and smaller pairs. I guess you could call this the gateway pair. It allowed me to feel comfortable and then move on to other pairs.
Lastly the pair is made from 74% Nylon / 26% LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ fiber. Their Xtra Life Lycra is supposed to give 5-10X more wear. I can’t vouch for that seeing I haven’t bought one of these in the last few years. This pair is available for $39.00 from the Speedo site or you can find them at any big sporting goods retailer.
To preface this post a bit, I do prefer more of a bikini style swim brief or micro brief. My favorite swim brief is the HOM micro swim brief, which they no longer produce. The one I’m going to suggest that you should have in your collection. Is between a typical swim brief and a micro brief.
I’ll call this brief the skimpiest conservative swimsuits that is perfect to wear anywhere you please. It should be acceptable swim attire everywhere that it is acceptable for a women to wear a bikini. It’s a swim brief that pretty much gives you full frontal and rear cover. The best feature is it has narrower sides than a typical swim brief. This suit is made by Speedo and they list it as one of their best sellers. So what swim brief is it that I think everyone should own?
If you haven’t guessed by now or figured it out from the picture. The swimsuit I’m talking about is the Speedo Solar 1″ Brief. This is one case where I think a well known brand is somewhat of a benefit. With Speedo being a big swim brand, I think it helps some with acceptability. This is especially so, since swim briefs still seem to be shunned to some extent. Normally, I don’t recommend something because it is a particular brand, a trending brand, or a big brand. But doesn’t hurt in this case.
This suit is great for reducing your tan lines at least a bit more over a normal swim brief. Though the sides are more of 1 1/2″ width than the 1″ stated. They’re well made with them being the Speedo brand. It’s a great fitting swim brief and one that will stay where it belongs swimming or in the waves. This is also a great transition swim brief for those wanting to go from a full swim brief to more of a micro swim brief. So far I have 5 styles/colors of this swim brief and would not hesitate to add more. Once I finally break into a full fledged swim brief wearer at the beach. This is going to be my go to conservative swim brief.
Are you tired of boys in board shorts? You want to see or show more skin on the beach? Well you maybe in luck! The Speedo maybe making a coming back to a beach near you!
The reasons we say this is because the London Telegraph is reporting that there is a 400% increase in people searching for “Speedo” on the net.This could be a sign that the swim briefs are making a come back. Here is the States, outside of competitive swimming the market was primarily gay and it was always a small percentage of the market. The general population never really wore them, not like in other countries. Europe, Brazil and Australia have all worn speedo regardless of sexual orientation. I think the man problem here in the states is they were deemed “gay.” So the general population never fully embraced them.
I remember wearing my speedos back in the day. They were fun, I think my favorite pair was this competition cut by Speedo with the US flag on the front. I loved those and I think I still have them. My other favorite was from LA Sporting Club, and were just a black bikini and I virtually wore them till they couldn’t be worn any more!
If you look at some of the new lines you may actually see this. Many of the brands we deal with have swim briefs aka Speedos. The prime example of this is Andrew Christian. He has come out with the Show-It and Flashback lines in briefs. He’s never stayed away from the style. Timoteo is another brand that has some great swim briefs as well. I have seen a trend that more and more swimwear is becoming very body conscious. The perfect example of this is Skmpeez, they are a company in the last few years and have several cuts and the board shorts are still a briefer cut then most.
Take our Swimwear Guide fro example, there were plenty of swim briefs. I think more and more companies will come out with the style. It was huge in the 90’s and a lot of guys wore them. Then the 2000’s hit and board shorts became big in the mens’ swimwear market. Even the gay market turned away from the swim brief. They have moved towards square cut or trunk style or even board shorts.
In the article they had a major UK retailer talk about the swimwear is reflecting what’s going on in underwear. People are going from boxers to trunks, from trunks to briefs and so on. So when guys go for swimwear they are doing the same. In the states even straight guys are paying attention to undies. They are getting pairs for comfort and fashion. I think this will start to carry over to swimwear as well, but I don’t think we’ll see a big increase in speedos here. Over the next few years I think we’ll see more and more different types of swimwear be acceptable on the US Beaches.
My question is this, I see this happening in UK and Europe, but the US has been so conservative in it’s swimwear and even underwear. The last few years we have had major strides in underwear by all guys. Gone are the days of the White/Gray/Black and in just briefs and boxer briefs. Now we have color, different styles and even enhancing pairs. If you live in the states I would love to know if you have worn a speedo? If not would you? Or why wouldn’t you consider them?
- Hot News from Global Guys Gear, WE HAVE MOVED into a New Home! Come and check out our great new store at 251 Wickham St, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006 (07) 3252 8814
- DT Clothes is giving you up to 60% off select underwear. Check out their site for all the details and information!
- Mensuas has new items from N2N Bodywear. N2N just released a few new lines the other week and now you can stock up. Free Shipping continues for US and Canada orders over $25.00
- Jockstrap Central wants your opinion! If you take the time to fill out their survey you can get a code to save 15% off your favorite jocks. It doesn’t take much time and you can SAVE!
- Cityboyz Fashions now has Pikante. If you are a fan you will see they have the entire line. If you aren’t, its time you go over and check out the line and we are sure you will love a few of their pairs!
- 10Percent.com has the new active wear/workout line from Rufskin! If you are a fan you will love the to work out in style. Also, while you are there check out the Gregg Homme Stadium Jock for a new take on an old classic
- New Rainbow Print from Joe Snyder is now available in several styles at Mensuas. This print is hot and a great attention grabber. The new underwear from Freeman is selling well, people like the bold colors and styles of the product, check it out! Until 4/8/2010, Save 15% off all Freeman and 20% off all BumGear, Speedo, Elite, and Unico. No coupons required.
- UnderGear is giving you a few ways to save! 25% off orders $200 or more, 20% off orders your $100 order, 15% off your $75 order and 10% off your $50 order. To get the deal use code UGB400 at check out. Its valid now till 4/8/10.
- Palace Trunks has some underwear that will brighten your underwear drawer. They have the new lines from Diesel Underwear. The great colors and prints. They also are giving you free shipping on orders over $25.
- Erogenos has some new items in. First they have some great swimwear from Tulio. Who does some really incredible work with square cuts and briefs. Then they have underwear and swimwear from Craig Port.
- Down Under Guys Gear is giving you 15% off Joe Snyder. To get the savings make sure you use code js 15 it’s just that simple!
- Under U has New Arrivals From Hugo Boss, D&G, And Vivienne Westwood. There are too many to really go over so we suggest going to their site and checking out all the great new styles
- 10Percent.com is giving you 15% off N2N Bodywear when you buy 3 or more items. This includes both underwear and work out wear. This sale is through April 10th.
- James Tudor is giving you 20% off everything. So you can go to the site and get some of the new magnetic briefs! They have really invited some new classics. Make sure you use JTFMMC20
- Skiviez has spring fever and giving you 35% off C-IN2 Bamboo and Pop Colors. If you haven’t tried the Bamboo I would highly recommend them.
UnderGear has a few ways to save! You can save 15% off orders of $50 or 20 off orders $75 or more! Just use code UGA500 from now till March 15th. While you are there check out Freeman! A new underwear line exclusive to UnderGear!
MalesBasics is having a 25% wide site sale! You can save on some of your favorite undies like Papi, Joe Snyder, MaleBasics, Mundo Unico, Puma and more! They have extended the sale for UNB Readers! Just use code UNB When checking out!
UnderU has some new arrivals from HOM, D&G and Hugo Boss. You can check out the latest HOM Underwear & Swimwear. New underwear & T-Shirts from Hugo Boss. Lastly, Designer swimwear from D&G, Diesel, Replay and more!
10Percent.com is giving you $15 off orders $75 or more till this Saturday! You can earn reward points overtime you shop as well. While you are there check out the great undies from Timoteo.
Save 15% off all regular priced, in stock swimwear at Mensuas. No coupon, no fuss. All regular priced swimwear is marked 15% off including California Muscle, Clever, ManView Bodywear, Speedo and Timoteo. Hurry for best selection. Offer good on new orders placed from 3/10/10 until 3/12/10.
The James Tudor exclusive offer this week is the Fall Front Brief. You can get it now for £18 when it’s regularly £23. It is available in classic white, classic black, pink and blue & red. The Fall Front has a revolutionary branded button down opening with trademark front and back piping detailing. This offer ends March 17th.
Wyzman is giving you 30-40% off select styles. They include 3G, Gregg Homme, Clever and PPU. Check out all the great designs and stock up on some of your favorite styles/brands.
Below the Belt is letting you pre-order the Cocksox Red waistband brief, and you can save 10% if you do! They will have limited stock so if you want a pair order early!
International Jock is celebrating Valentine’s Day by offering fantastic savings on a huge selection of sexy, intimate gifts that are sure to please that special man in your life. Choose from sexy mens underwear, boxers, thongs and jocks from International Jock’s brand name manufacturers. IJ has put everything that’s red or pink, meshy or sheer and a wide variety of erotic men’s underwear and swimwear on sale from now until February 14th. While you’re there, be sure to check out International Jock’s fresh new offerings from Speedo, Andrew Christian, Calvin Klein and Ed Hardy and have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Here are the Sales Breifs:
- 10 Percent.com is giving you 10% off support and enhancement styles. They include Andrew Christian, Gregg Homme, Joe Snyder, Extreme Collection, Gia, Rufskin, Bodytech and Sculptees. The sale ends Jan. 23rd!
- Mensuas is having a warehouse moving sale. You can save up to 80% off selected items. 40% off all Unico Underwear, 15% off all Speedo and a lot more is on sale. Check out all the deals at their site
- Dead Good Undies has new Sloggi and HOM in stock. They have the new Sloggi Madison, available in short and brief. Then they have the new HOM Black Addict Deep hipster UP! They also have some great micro, maxi and the e.Go hipster! Check out all the HOM.
- Planet Undies has four new amazing brands they are now selling. Barcode, Schultz, Dietz and Bumgear. Barcode as we profileed has some great jocks. Schultz does really great low rise briefs with great sayings on them. BumGear is for you if you love sheer or mesh underwear and Dietz has some really body conscious fun styles you will love.
- Wyzman has Candyman Underwear. They have them just in time for Valentines Day. They are a mix of underwear and costumes. You can get a cowboy, prisoner, maid and more. As they say “its created for the playful side of your ego..”
- His Room is giving you 25% off Man Silk. Which is prefect for Valentines day coming up. You can get some silk boxer or something else made of silk. You can also still check out the sell on Obviously and you get your money back if you don’t like them.
- Cocksox is giving you 10 to 30% off the Cocksox range from now till Midnight February 1st, this is in honor of Australia Day. On January 26, 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip arrived in Australia with a bunch of ships full of horny convicts and sailors who hadn’t touched dry land or alcohol for months. They got ashore, tapped the kegs and got seriously hammered at Sydney’s first beach party. What a way to start a country! To keep the convict party spirit alive, we’re celebrating our nation’s founding by giving you the chance to RIP US OFF! That’s right! We’ve ripped 10 – 30% off prices across the Cocksox® range so you can get your own Australia Day Party seriously started.
- UnderGear is continuing their Winter Sale. Saving have been 50% and now they are giving you up to 60% off! The new reductions have been taken. While you are there you can still get a Calendar, the 12 Months of Perfection if you spend $50 or more!
- Are you a fan of C-IN2. Do you need to stock up? If so if you buy 6 pairs you get two pairs free. You can buy any of the great styles they have, but know the free styles are chosen by random by CIN2U. The sale ends January 29, 2010.
- NuWear is having a BIG SALE. You can save up to 50% off selected items from Triple XXX, JM, N2N Bodywear, C-IN2, Male Power, Punto Blanco, Go Softwear, Gonch Gonch and Greg Homme. You can choose some of the best styles.
Here are the Latest Sales Briefs for today! Get shopping
- Planet Undies is having some sales on Man Store styles M212, M213, M214, ES Collection Hojas and Energie Racing collection. Check out each style for the savings
- Oboy – Brand new! Too good to be true – Winter Sale Special. 5 selected styles at rock-bottom prices. Only until 08/01/2010 & as long as stocks last. Shop now and save!
- 10 Percent has some of the newest Baskit! They have the Utility, SnugFit and FineLine now in stock. They are some of the hottest undies Baskit has made and they are in stock now!
- Mensuas is continuing their 60% off Clearance sale through 1/10/10. You can save on Unico, Speedo, select Joe Snyder, Cleaver, and Man View. Also, you can get free shipping on all orders $25 or more!
- James Tutor’s 15% off sale has begun. You can save 15% off everything just make sure you use code JTSL2010 at check out. The sale ends on Jan. 13th!
Holiday Sale at Mensuas
- Save 25% off all Unico
- Save 20% off all C-IN2
- Save 15% off all Speedo
- Save 20% off all Clever
- 15% off all Pikante and more
No coupons are required, all items priced to sell!
Free Shipping is included for US and Canada customers.
It was announced this week that Speedo has extended it’s endorsement deal with Michael Phelps. They have extended this arrangement till 2013. Which is a year after the next Olympics.
Phelps has been one of the best swimmers in recent history. He won 8 gold metals in Beijing, breaking the all time record by Mark Spitz, earning him a $1 million dollar bonus. This feat has made them the all time metal leader with a total of 14 gold metals.
Phelps, some claim, has transformed the face of swimming. He’s done this by bringing more fans, interest and inspiring kids to join the sport. Few other athletes have done this to further their sports.
Lastly, there have been some controversy about should the swimmers go back to the swim brief suit or use the new full body suit. They have banned the some of the more advanced suits for 2010, so time will tell on what they decide. What do you think swimmers should wear?
Mensuas is having a Speeod Sale! They have the Speedo 2.5″ Swim Bikini:Speedo 2.5″ Solid Lycra Brief is a classic fit and style with a two and half inch inch leg cut. Features include drawstring waist, reinforced seams and chlorine-resistant fabric
Regular Price: $33.00
Sale: $29.70Free Shipping
Order by 3:00 PM EST
Ships Same Day!
- Save 20% off all Unico
- Save 15% off all Punto Blanco
- Save 10% off all MaleBasics and more!
Shop with us at www.mensuas.com
His Room has a new sale on Speedo. You can get 20% off all Speedo swimwear. That includes board shorts to swim briefs. And while you are there getting some Speedo, their great clearnce sale is still going on you can save up to 60% off select styles!
In honor of Dr MLK Birthday and Obama Inauguration this week, Mensuas is proud to over 15% off your next order at Mensuas. Use promotion code 15sale at checkout and save on all regular priced merchandise. Prior sale excluded, promotion code is valid for new orders placed at Mensuas online at Mensuas.com. Offer good until 1/19/2009.
We have great gifts for Valentine’s Day at Mensuas. Check out our selection of underwear and swimwear by Joe Snyder, N2N Bodywear, Speedo, Mundo Unico and more.
Still Free Shipping for US and Canada customers. Great international shipping rates.
| Male Power Red Mini Short
Regular Price: $22.00
| Dietz Mini Slip Celeste
Regular Price: $20.00
| Timoteo #8 Sports Cut Swim Bikini
Regular Price: $45.00
| Male Power Coral Pointelle Power Bong Thong
Regular Price: $10.00
Don’t miss International Jock’s biggest swimwear sale ever! Save up to 50% on over 200 current styles from Diesel, Speedo, Andrew Christian, JM, Tulio, and more. With bikinis, square cuts, trunks jammers and more on sale you’re sure to find the right suit at the right price.
Plus, new C-In2 Vice Versa styles and still save 25% on everything from Calvin Klein until October 13.