I was talking on Twitter (if you’re on Twitter follow me @unbtim) and talking to someone who loves briefs/bikinis and he is doing a month long challenge to wear Boxer briefs. His challenger is doing the reverse boxer briefs to bikinis! Speaking from experience as a briefs guy, having to wear Boxer Briefs for for a week would drive me nuts. I do have boxer briefs, like Mundo Unico, Trunks from N2N, ones with great pouches. So I’m not totally anti-boxer brief, but doing it for a month would be a bit much for me.
Now I”m not saying to try something for an entire month. I reward the conviction for trying something new for a month, but I say start small. Some things you might consider trying that you have never worn before. The prime example of this is Jon on our site asked me for a thong to try. He has never worn one and wants to try out a good one. We will be getting him one to try and review soon. It makes me wonder if he will wear to the gym?
My biggest challenge was when I had to review a boxer for Hamilton & Hare. I knew no one on the site would want to do it. I would picture me asking the guys and have silence and nothing but crickets in the background. So I took one for the team. I hadn’t worn boxers in prob 15 years or more. And then it was a rare occurrence. I think I could count on one hand how many times I wore them under pants. After trying those they were pretty good. I but I won’t say i wear them all the time but I have lounged around in them many times.
If you’re up for trying something on the wild side we have a brands we can recommend:
- Gregg Homme – It’s pricy but extremely well made and will last. It’s sexy underwear made to wear all day from thongs to sheer!
- Cellblock13 – It’s a fun fetish line from Timoteo and will bring your wild side out. Find Jocks, jock briefs and Jock Boxers
- N2N Bodywear – Has amazing pouches and plenty of thongs, jocks and more that are made to show off your goods
- Modus Vivendi – Taking their Greek Heritage and making really fun and different underwear, if you want fun and funky this is for you
- PetitQ – This is for the bold guy who says what the hell, just let it all hang out! Made super small and leaves little to the imagination
Say you’re a guy who has the wild part covered and want to try something with a classic cut:
- Baskit – Makes great classic underwear that fits amazing in many different styles from boxer briefs to jocks.
- Mack Wheldon – They focus on briefs and boxer briefs currently with great materials.
- 2(X)ist – A classic underwear company that has some really strong core basics in their line up that you won’t be disappointed you bought
- C-IN2 – Another classic company that has never had great fun undies but also super classic you can wear anywhere.
The wild brands are easier to come up with then Classic. Plus I think more guys would go from classic to wild!
This year we are going to challenge you guys to step out of your box and try new things.