UNB is 9 Today! It’s been a roller coaster ride over the past nine years. There have been ups and downs, like most things in life. But, I tend to remember the good things that have happened. UNB was formed a little before now, but it wasn’t UNB. I had a personal blog that I posted underwear stuff on. Then on October 5th, 2008 I registered the domain! And the rest is history!
Here are some things that have been the highlights of UNB
- Friends – Have made so many friends in the men’s underwear industry. They range from brands, retailers, readers and current/former staff members. I have surrounded myself with good people, and I hope it shows. The men’s underwear industry is an amazing group of people.
- Straight guys – When I launched UNB 9 years ago I kept things very middle of the road. I always hoped that straight guys would read the blog and fall in love with undies as I had so many years ago. Well, not only did this happen but it happened way bigger than I thought it would. Our staff has a majority of straight guys. Our past asst. editor and also our current one is straight (the current is ThongedGinger).
- Travel/Las Vegas – I love to travel, and since 2010 I have fallen in love and gotten to know Las Vegas. The current situation makes me very sad because I know the area very well. My thoughts go out to the family of those killed an injured. I won’t get political, but if you’re on my personal Facebook you know… I also have traveled to Los Angeles and other places to meet with brands and men’s underwear people.
- Steve Grand – Our interview with him has been the biggest post we have ever done. It got picked up by so many media outlets because he addressed the swim briefs directly. We haven’t had much follow up with him since the interview. We intended to show a public figure not afraid to wear them and get other guys to wear them. I don’t think he or we thought it would get so big. We still love Steve and hope he’ll do a follow-up interview with us. Right after the interview, he wanted to be known for talent and not swim briefs. Now he’s embraced it and still looks awesome in a swim brief.
- Underwear/Swimwear – being exposed to so many underwear companies I would never have known about if I didn’t run an underwear blog. This includes brands seeking us out and us working with them. There is such innovation in the market, and each year it keeps getting more creative.
- UNB Guys – Thanks to all the current and former UNB guys. We have had so many guys over the years. They all made UNB what it is today. Each of them left an impact on the site and me. Many of the former guys I”m still in touch with and still friends with. I hope we grow this family more!
- Readers – All this would be nothing if it wasn’t for our steady readers. We have improved over the years and grown. If you look at our archives, you will see. Many of you have been with us since the beginning. The best one was the ThongedGinger read UNB in High School! He still gives me grief about some of the mess ups in the early days! I hope you guys keep reading and supporting us. I have no plans of stopping UNB anytime soon. We have been offered to be bought out, but I have always turned them down due to the love I have for the industry. Sometimes I get burned out, but I come back stronger than ever.
Thanks to everyone who has contributed to UNB. This includes brands, retailers, staff, readers and the loved ones who always humor our underwear love! Here’s to 9 more years.