Here is another Behind the Scenes pic from our Swimwear Guide. This shoot was so much fun the models, the photog and location were all perfect for the day! We had so much fun. Enjoy some great Bwet Swimwear in the mean time!
We bring you a behind the scenes look at the UNB Swimwear Guide. You saw our preview video last week, this week we have 5 different ones. This one features Clever swimwear. It just shows some of the fun we during and between shots! Enjoy this video of Clever!
We had a really amazing shoot this year. First off I want to thank our Sponsors, Clever Moda Masculine Underwear, Vuthy Sim Swimwear, Bwet Swimwear, N2N Bodywear, 2EROS and Manus Swimwear. We had a great day to shoot swimwear. Unlike previous years when we had rain and clouds. Our Photographer Ignacio Rivera Jr. out did himself with these pics.
Our three models were Matt, Derek and Martin. You have seen all of them before. Matt has been in two other shoots (Swimwear 2013 and Holiday 2013), Derek (July 2013 Baskit Shoot) and Martin (Holiday 2013) each have been in one other shoot. We def want to work with all of them again soon!
Clever Moda Masculine Underwear
- Derek (left) is wearing the Clever 0574 Copacabana Swimsuit Trunk Color Black-Red
- Matt (middle) is wearing the Clever 0578 Ipanema Swimsuit Trunk Color Black
- Martin (right) is wearing the Clever 0579 Buzios Swimsuit Brief Color Black-Red-White
- Derek is wearing the Clever 0568 Brazil Swimsuit Brief
- Matt is wearing the 0577 Itacare Swimsuit Brief Color Green-White
Vuthy Sim Swimwear
- Martin is wearing the Vuthy 433 Bikini Asymetrical Swimwear Color Red-Gray
- Matt is in the Vuthy 411 Bikini Jellyfish Swim brief
- Derek is in the Vuthy 421 Square Cut Hibiscus Trunk
- Martin (left) is in the Vuthy 417 Bikini Old Glory Bikini
- Derek (right) is in the Vuthy 434 Brief Patriotic Stripes
- Derek (left) is in the Bwet Soma Swim Trunk 14512 Turquoise
- Matt (right) is in the Bwet Artchstone Swim Brief 14202 Orange/navy
- Matt is wearing the Bwet Atelier Swim Trunk 14701 Red
- Derek (left) is wearing the Bwet Rushmore 14305 Red/Navy
- Martin (rigth is wearing the Bwet Mima 14216 Black
- Derek is wearing the 2EROS Geometric
- Martin is wearing the 2EROS Tribe
- Martin (left) is wearing the N2N Bodywear Laguna Sport HP1
- Matt (rigth) is wearing the N2N Bodywear La Cruze Purple LC1
- Derek (left) is wearing the N2N Bodywear Compete Jammer PT6
- Martin (right) is wearing the N2N Bodywear Falcon FC1
- Mating (left) is wearing the Manus Tropical Macaw Print
- Derek (middle) is wearing the the Manus Neon Yellow Swim Brief
- Matt (right) is wearing the Manus Leopard Face brief
Where to buy:
- Clever and Vuthy are available at online retailers Fresh Pair and Amazon
- Bwet can be purchased at http://www.bwet.com
- 2EROS can be purchased at http://www.2eros.com
- N2N Bodywear can be purchased at http://www.n2nbodywear.com
- Manus Swimwear can be purchased at http:///www.swimmanus.com (these in the guide aren’t released yet)
We have a Black & White behind the scenes pic from our 2014 UNB Swimwear Guide. We will have the main guide out soon. (SHHH we are waiting on pics from our Photog who was under the weather. But the video is out today so you can see it in full color! This picture features Bwet!
Here’ s a brief pic of the Bwet swimwear from our UNB Swimwear Guide. This was taken with my iPhone so wait till you see the real pics! It was a super fun shoot we can’t wait to share with you guys
If you think that photo shoots are fabulous and exciting…well I hate to break it to you, they are not. It’s not standing around drinking fruity drinks and having a relaxing time with hot models. IF ONLY! There is a lot of planning and work that goes into a shoot. Every time before a shoot I have all my friends go “OMG I’m so jealous you get to look at hot models.” Granted you do get to see great looking guys in swimwear but I rarely have time to sit back and relax! This day has come with a month of planning and getting sponsors. I’m going to walk you though how we do things here.
Usually in Feb/March we start reaching out to prob over 25-30 companies to get them in the shoot. That number ends up to being anywhere from 5-8 companies in the final product. Its always a game of “will the swim be out in time.” This is one of the main reasons we don’t get companies some of your favorites photographed. We try to shoot it in April and get it out two weeks before Memorial Day here in the state. That way you guys can order them with plenty of time to get them before you head out for the holiday weekend.
After we receive the swimwear. We set a shoot list of what we are going to shoot and what order. This year we shot Clever, Vuthy, Bwet, 2EROS, N2N Bodywear and Manus Swim. In that order. The location we had was in Birmingham, Alabama. I live in Atlanta so I was up at 6 AM for the 2 hour drive over. After triple checking I had everything I hit the road. I always have that feeling I will make the journey and leave the swimwear at home. Don’t laugh I have done this for a shoot before and ever since I get OCD about having the swimwear.
I arrive 30 minutes before shoot time to have everything set up. This was one of the first shoots where I didn’t stress models. It’s in inevitable in past UNB shoots that one or more of the models fall out on shoot day. Having worked with Matt, who I call the model wrangler, Martin and Derek before I knew that we wouldn’t have this issue. Everyone showed up on time and we were off to the shoot.
The morning went pretty well. We got through a lot of the pairs with out issue. The only issue we had was the SD card for my camera wouldn’t record video and I had to run out middle of the shoot to get a new one. Who knew certain cards couldn’t do hi def video? But it was a great time for a break. I ran out and got the card and we were back at it.
We always get creative on each individual scene we do for the shoot. It’s always boring just to see the same shot over and over again. Guys standing doesn’t make a great shoot. So we try to get creative and put the guys in fun situations. This being a pool shoot we got all the non we shots out of the way first. Then had fun in the pool after. So the water guns, back flips off the diving board and fun times happened at the end.
Photo shoots are tiring. It may not seem that way but everyone is worn out after it. You want to eat and take a nap! One thing you should know is I don’t think any model eats the day of a shoot. They want to look the best, so after I always take the guys to lunch/dinner. This time we did Mexican, which was in no way healthy.
After we ate we hung out a few and then I headed the 2 hours home. I left my house at 7 AM and returned at 7 PM so it was a long day and 240 miles round trip!
This is one of my favorite pics from the UNB Swimwear shoot. Ignacio Rivera Jr. helped with our site and took this picture. He managed to get Kyle in mid-air doing a back flip. I wanted to use this for our Facebook cover pic but Facebook blew it up too bad! But it’s an awesome pic
Today’s Brief Distraction is from our Swimwear Guide! This features swimwear by Cocksox. Our model Kyle is having fun in the hose with Blake. We hope you enjoy this pic!
We present the 2013 Swimwear Guide! Before we get into the guide I have to do two big thanks. First, Blackjack Mountain Inn (www.blackjackmountaininn.com) located in Marietta, GA. Thanks for letting us shoot at your amazing location. If you are traveling to the Atlanta area check them out! Second is Calera Vision Center, LLC (www.caleravisioncenter.com) of Birmingham, AL for furnishing all the sunglasses you see!
- From Left to Right
- Matt – Clever 0563- Striped Swim Brief
- Kyle – Clever 0562 – Koi Swim Suit
- Blake (standing) – Clever 0554 – Striped Swim Suit
- Cody – Clever 0559 Swim Brief Circular Graphic Swim Suit
- From Left to Right
- Blake – Vuthy 335 – Flower Square
- Kyle (seated) – Vuthy 324 – Vertical Stripe Boxer
- Matt – Vuthy 325 – Dot Swim Brief
- Cody – Vuthy 339 – Blue & Yellow Square
- From Left to Right
- Kyle – Vuthy 350 – Leopard Print Bikini
- Blake – Vuthy 318 – Hawaiian Flower Bikini
- Left to Right:
- Kyle – CX79 Extreme Boy-leg Swim Brief – Hot Pink – $39.00
- Blake – CX79 Extreme Boy-leg Swim Brief – Lime – $39.99
- From Left to Right
- Cody – CX02RPR Brazilian Swim Brief – $38
- Matt – CX08WL Wet Look Swim Trunk – $48
- Blake – CX08CPR Camo Swim Trunk – $48
- Left to Right
- Cody – S1316 Glory Hole Brief – Yellow – $51.00
- Kyle (seated) – S1321 Star Boxer – Blue – $57.50
- Matt – S1322 Zipper Boxer – Red – $57.50
- From left to right
- Blake – PT2 Infinity Trunk – Orange – $40
- Kyle – PT1 Stratum Trunk – Cappuccino – $38
- From left to right
- Cody – Ruskin Cadauques – Maroon – $45
- Blake (standing) – Sauvage S-252TVB Teal – $58
- Kyle – Unico 12102051-43 – $40
- Matt – Timoteo 1221 Surfer Swimsuit- Purple – $50
We will be posting more pics from this shoot over the next week as our brief distractions. Thanks to all those who participated. Also be on the look out for two videos from the shoot!
Firs thing I have to do before we get into the guide is thank the awesome sponsors above! Pistol Pete – Gold Sponsor, Clever/Vuthy & Croota – Silver Sponsors and Good Boy Gone Bad and UnderGear as Bronze sponsors! Without them this guide would not have taken place. Next, I have to thank our photographer Brian from Seven Continents Photography and our Models Cody, Christian and Juan. Our sponsors allowed us for the first time to hire models and do a shoot all ourselves. It is a big learning process and things had bumps (models falling out the week before), but we carried on and pushed forward. We think we did a great job for our first attempt and we will learn more each time!
We had over 60 suits and a full day by the lake and then a re-shoot by a pool this past weekend. It has been a blast and I hope you enjoy this guide and it helps you get some great swimsuits this year! Our Models are Cody, Juan and Christian. Please check out our Videos on YouTube Enjoy the Guide! BTW, don’t forget to check individual size charts!
- Cody is wearing the Cruise Midcut in Red. The suit is also available in black and Navy. Sizes are Small to X-Large – $44.00
- Christian is wearing the Nautical Midcut. The suit is only available in Navy/White. Sizes are Small to X-Large – $45.00
- Juan is wearing the the Nouveau Midcut in Navy. The suit is also available in black and white. Sizes are Small to X-Large – $44.00
- Christian is wearing the Titan Brief in Khaki and Blue. The pair is also available in Blue/White. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $42.00
- Juan is wearing the Windjammer Brief in Black/White. Sizes are Small – X-Large – $42.00
- Cody is wearing the All Star Lace up Brief in Blue/Black. The pair is also available in Black/Lime, and Red/Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $42.00
- Juan is wearing the Sail Midcut in Black. The pair is also available in Red and Navy. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $44.00
- Cody is wearing the Zipline Midcut in Red/Black. The pair is also available in Black/White. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $44.00
- Christian is wearing the Racer Midcut. Only Available in Black/Red. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $44.00
From Left to Right:
- Juan is wearing the Steel Midcut in Gold. The pair is also available in Silver. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $44.00
- Cody is wearing the Calipso Midcut. The pair is only available in blue. Sizes are Small – X-Large – $44.00
- Cody is wearing the Clever 0543 Dragon. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $48.00
- Juan is wearing the Clever 0544 Skull and Roses suit. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large $48.
- Cody is wearing the Vuthy 271 Bikini in Blue. Also available in Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $56
- Juan is wearing the Vuthy 287 Brief in White/Black Also available in White/Red. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $62.00
- Juan is wearing the Vuthy 316 Board Shorts in Blue. Also available in Red. Size are Small – X-Large. $69
From Left to Right:
- Cody is wearing the Austar 02 (BAS02) in Beige. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $24.50
- Juan is wearing Hardstyle Fitness 01 (BHF01) in White. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $24.50
- Christian is wearing Hardstyle C69 02 (BHD02) in Blue. Sizes are Small – X-Large $24.50
- Cody is wearing the Tactics Tahiti Swim Short. Available in Turquoise. Sizes are Small – X-Large $36
- Juan is wearing the Tactics Safari Swim Trunk. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $42
- Cody is wearing the Tactics Barra Swim Squarecut. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $39
- Juan is wearing the Tactics Delicia Swim Squarecut. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large $39
Cody is wearing the Body Tech Brasilia Swim Brief. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $35
Good Boy Gone Bad
From Left to Right:
- Juan is wearing the Brian Football Swim Bikini. Also available in Black, Red, and Orange. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Cody is wearing the Brian Football Swim Bikini. Also available in Black, Red and White. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Cody is wearing the Denim Swim Bikini in Blue. Also Available in Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Juan is wearing the 252KG – Stripe Banded Swim Short in Khaki/Green. Also available in Red, White & Blue. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $62.00
- Juan is wearing the Seersucker Rio Swim Suit in Green. Also available in Cobalt, Mediterranean Blue and Vermilion Orange. Sizes are Small – Large. $90
- Juan is wearing BJC Swimwear Sports Brief (BJC204) in Yellow. Also available in Black, Navy and Red. Sizes are Small – Large. $49
- Cody is wearing BJC Swimwear Brief Red (BJC201) in Red. Also available in Black, Navy, and Yellow. Size are Small – Large. $39
- Juan is wearing the South Beach swimsuit in Ocean Blue. Also available in Lavender. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $24
- Christian is wearing the Combat Trunk in Orange. Also available in Navy and Grey. Sizes are from Small – X-Large. $24
- Cody is wearing the LA X in Charcoal. Also available in Navy and Red. Sizes are from Small – X-Large. $21
- Juan is wearing the Black Dynasty Trunk. Available as shown. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $25
- Juan is wearing the Retro Briefs in Aqua. Also available in Pewter, Aqua, Magenta, White and Purple. Size are X-Small – X-Large. $53.95
- Christian is wearing the Navigator Swim Short. Also available in Royal. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $55
- Cody is wearing Reversible Mesh Bikini, the revers side is Royal. Also available in Black/Gold, Black/Aqua. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $36
- Christian is wearing the Malibu Red swimsuit. Also available in Blue, Orange and Military Green. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $45
- Cody is wearing the Matador Swim in Orange and White. Also available in White/Navy/Yellow, Green/White/Navy, Red/White/Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $38
- Juan is wearing the Speedster in Royal. Also available in Black, Red, Orange, Green, Burgundy, Purple, White, Red and Grey. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $49
- Christian is wearing the Emporio Armani Basic Lycra Swim Square Cut Trunk 2P401-21023 in Marine. Also available in Aquamarine, Asphalt, Black and Red. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $68
- Cody is wearing an OrcaBlu Hawaii Blu Floral Swim Brief
- Cody is wearing an OrcaBlu Powder Blu Graffiti Square Cut
- Christian is wearing an OrcaBlue Navy/Red Nautical Square Cut
- Christian is wearing the Navy Wiastband & piping brief Navy/Yellow/White . Also available in Navy/Powder Blue and Navy/Indigo/Denim. Sizes are Small – Large. $66.95 AUS. Buy these at the Tribe Website.
- Juan is wearing Splicing with Piping Detail in Navy/Indigo. Also available in Black/Denim. Sizes are Small – Large. $68.95 AUS. Buy these at the Tribe website
From Left to Right:
- Juan is wearing the Rufskin Milano – Turquoise. Also available in red. Sizes are Small – Large. $54
- Christian is wearing the Rufskin Positano – White. Also available in White. Sizes are Small – Large. $48
- Cody is wearing the Rufskin St. Tropez – Black. Also available in White. Sizes are Small – Large. $48
- Juan is wearing the 2EROS Vanish Swim Brief in Cyan. Also available in Magenta. Sizes are X-Small – Large. $40
From Left to right:
- Cody is wearing the Numeral 6 suit. Available as shown in Black/Red. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Juan is wearing the Numeral 4 suit. Available as shown in White/Blue. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Christian is wearing the Numeral 5 suit. Available as shown in White/Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $40
- Juan is wearing the Ocean Mid Swim Shorts Dark Blue. Sizes available Small – XX-Large. $69
- Cody is wearing the Ocean Mid Swim Shorts Red. Sizes available Small – XX-Large $69
- Cody is wearing the Swim Trunk CX08WL in Switch Blue. Also available in Sub Black. Sizes are Small – X-Large. $47.25
- Juan is wearing the Extreme Boy-leg Swim Brief CX79PR in Red (Lifesaver). Also available in Black (Ahoy). Sizes are Small – X-Large. $43.50
We hope you enjoy this guide for swimwear for summer! Watch over the next few days for exclusive Brief Distractions from some of our Sponsors. Remember please check each company’s sizing charts, because they differ from company to company.
The guide will be out this week, everything has been shot and now we will edit and have it up this week! Stay Tuned!
I hope you are having an awesome summer! We welcome you to part 1 of the Swimwear Guide for 2011. Due to some logistical problems we are having to break it up this year. But, that doesn’t mean it’s any less awesome. We have some really great swimwear for you this year and hope you go out and buy some.
This guide features a new model named Ben. If you are a Facebook fan/like of UNB you saw the behind the scenes pics I took with my iPhone at the shoot. Now you get to see the good pics! We will be doing a profile on him in the next week so you will find out all about him. I also want to thank Brian Kaiser of Seven Continents to stepping up to the plate and taking the pics on a great day at Lake Lanier here in Georgia. Actually they were take the day the rapture was to happen, but all turned out well!
I hope you enjoy this and look for the next installment very soon
Undergear.com – Tactics Batik Print Trunk
This pair is one which has a modern take on tie dye. It will definitely get you some attention on the beach. It can be worn as your main suit or as a cover up for something a little smaller. The pair is a polyester material with a velcro fly and a liner. The pair is $39 from Undergear.com
Undergear.com – Tactics Competition Trunk
For those of you wanting a little less coverage but not quite going to a swim brief then you should look at the Tactics Competition Trunk. It’s a square cut style. It is a nylon/spandex blend fabric and is only available in Black. It is $35 at the Undergear.com site. See another picture below.
Undergear.com – Tactics Star Print Cargo Swim Trunk
Are you a fan of board shorts but don’t like the length? Do you want something that won’t feel so bulky? Then the Tactics Stars Print Cargo Trunks maybe just the pair for you. They are you like traditional Board shorts but with a shorter cut. The suit is made out of polyester, has a Velcro fly and fully lined. It is only available in the color combo as shown. It is available at the Undergear.com site for $39.00
If you have been looking for a smaller swim brief but with great support then the N2N Bodywear University sport is going to be one you want to look at! It has a smaller cut but a full pouch and seat. It is available in Gun Metal Grey, Royal Blue (pictured) and Black with different inset colors. The material is a nylon/spandex blend. It is available on the N2N Bodywear site for $36.00. See another picture below
Andrew Christian is one of the most loved Underwear Designers on our site. When ever we do anything, everyone goes crazy over the brand. If you have their underwear you need to try their swimwear. This is a fast drying suit made out of polyester, with retro styling on the legs. Notice the 82 print on the front while the back pocket has the Andrew Christian Logo on the pocket. Again perfect for the guy not wanting to show a lot at the beach or makes a great cover up! This is available from the Andrew Christian Website for $59.00
We aren’t leaving the guy out who likes smaller cut swimwear. This is another great pair from N2N Bodywear. It’s the Tropic Bikini. It has a much smaller cut then traditional bikinis. It also has the really fun print, which is very much a Hawaiian print. The website says this is the hottest pair this side of Waikiki. The pair is a nylon/spandex blend with out a drawcord. This pair is available from the N2N Bodywear site for $35.00. See another picture below
ES Collection is one of those brands that isn’t super huge yet in the US. I think they make some of the hottest undies and swimwear around! The pair we feature here is the London Swim brief. It’s available in a few colors; White, Royal, Red (pictured), Black, Charcoal and Navy. It has a unique pattern on the back, click the read more button at the bottom to see more! The pair is the a nylon spandex blend. This can be bought from the ES Collection website for 70 Euros.
Again we have something for everyone! This is the ES Collection Las Angeles swim short. It’s a shorter cut in the world of men’s Trunks. It can be a perfect cover up for the London swim brief above or worn on it’s own. It is a semi fitted pair made out of 100% polyester. The pair also has two side pockets and one back pocket. The pair comes in Turquoise (pictured), green, black, navy and red. It is available on the ES Collection website for 75 Euros.
Have you been looking for a pair with a little personality? Then you need to check out the N2N Dolphin. It’s sort of a mix between a square cut and brief. It has wider lets and waist elastic, with a really cool pattern. It is a nylon spandex blend with no draw cord or lining. The colors available are Deep Coral, Deep Purple (pictured) and Deep Navy. It is available at the N2N Bodywear website for $36.00. See another picture below.
Frank Dandy – Stars Swim Short
Do you want something more traditional? Then you need to check out the Frank Dandy Stars Swim Short. It is a traditional swim short length. The pair has two pockets on the side, made out of 100% polyester and lined. The colors available are green (pictured) and blue. They do have matching undies as well! This pair was furnished by Kingston Lounge Now, the official distributors of Frank Dandy in the US. This pair is available for $75 at the Frank Dandy Site.
Do you want a traditional full cut swim brief? If so the Intymen Classic is perfect. It would be an ideal pair to wear on the beach and it shows off just enough without showing too much! Not everyone wants to wear super skimpy swimsuits but they still want style and comfort. The pair is polyester/spandex blend, draw sting waist and is only available in black. This pair is available on the Underwear Station website for $34.76
We hope you enjoy Part 1 of the UNB Swimwear Guide. We will have the other part at you very soon! It is still being shot and will be up as soon as we can! See more pictures below!